Monday

What's happening today~

Following my friend Kelli's lead here is a little journal of the simple things, thoughts and happenings of this day:

Outside my window: It's cold and little flakes are falling as if somebody shook a snow globe. We have a woodpecker that's feeding on one of our trees...

I am thinking about: How the kids are doing at school and wondering if they're keeping their little eyes open for class as we stayed up a bit past bed time last night for the Super Bowl...

I am thankful for: Hubs having a work from home day today as he isn't feeling very good...

In the kitchen: I'm trying a new recipe for meatloaf (here) using venison and pork...

I am wearing: A black sweater with a bright blue v-neck underneath and jeans that have a tiny little hole girlie poked her finger through and it felt like a pinch as I was standing in line at the post office...

I am going to: Make 20 cupcakes for girlies class and form them into a 100 for 100 day this Thursday...

I am reading: Jesus Calling (trying to each day)

I am looking forward to: President's Day weekend with a family ski trip...

I am learning:  Hard work takes time.
Boys bath remodel~
Around the house: We are at the tail end of a bathroom remodel. (it started as a leaking shower turned remodel a few weeks ago now.)

One of my favorite things: Winter.

A few plans for the rest of the week: A day trip, make ahead a few meals for President's Weekend and trying not to catch hubs cold...

Me and my boy!


xoxo,


a link up




3 comments:

  1. Such a fun post...I will have to try this one day...it's easy to forget these little things :-)
    The bathroom looks great, and I love the snow falling too! Glad hubs can stay home and recover, hoping it doesn't catch anyone else! A little ski trip sounds wonderful! Dan was looking into heading back to Vail for spring break, but was afraid it's too close to due date for me to fly ;-) thought about Boyne,MI but last year there was no snow and afraid that would happen again?! Great pic of you two, hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow is so beautiful!! Im sure I wouldnt think it was so beautiful if I had to get out in it every day. I think its beautiful as long as I can sit in the comfy house and look at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! This is one of my favorite posts. Sorry hubby is not feeling well, but glad he's home with you. Ron gets to work from home 3 days this week and I'm loving it! President's Day weekend sounds like it's going to be a fun time :) That new meatloaf recipe sounds delightful...how was it? The cupcake treat sounds really cute...I know girlie's class is going to love it. I love, love Jesus Calling and need to get back to reading it daily (I'm taking a shereadstruth break). Hope you have a great week. Squeeze my little friends for me :)

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...