Tuesday

Countdown to Christmas continues~

the twinkle lights from the basement tree look so pretty reflecting off the window this morn
I picked up our youngest, the big mister, one day last week as his blanket was fresh out of the dryer.
He gave me Eskimo kisses in return for a fresh blanket.
I think to myself,
it's going to be soon that I'll have my last time of lifting him up on to my hip...
I'm reminding myself again to celebrate the 'lasts.' 
***
That Big Mister is sleeping in.
He came to me in the wee hours of the morning.
There he stood at the doorway peeking in at me while I peeked at him.
It was dark and he couldn't see I was awake.
I motioned for him to come
and as he did he said in a defeated way,
I accidentally wet my bed.
I asked him where his wet jammies were as he climbed up and over me 
to lay in the middle of the bed between hubs and I.
 I lay there as quiet as I could
thinking about getting up to do the wash once he fell back asleep.
It didn't take him long and instead of getting up to do the wash
 I realized it was time to get up for my morning cup of
coffee before I woke the kids for school. 
***
2 weeks from today and it's Christmas! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time
however, I'm not overwhelmed.
It will all come together. It always does.
***
the boys are awake now, my sleepy head mister and my recovering from sickness buddy

xoxo,

1 comment:

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...