Tuesday

Courage

Just as I walked in the door from running errands alone recently,
I see all the kids near the windows eyeing something.
It's our daughter that exclaims,
a deer!
She says it a little too loud as I grab for my camera
(not my Iphone)
and get a picture of it prancing on the island behind our house.
There are two and its our oldest that tells me one is a buck leading the way
 and the other is a baby following.
I'm looking out the great room window and ask who spied them first.
Proudly our daughter smiles and says it was her.
She saw them right by the water. 
I say aloud they are probably trying to find a place to cross...

***
The things that haven't been done before
Are the tasks worthwhile today;
Are you one of the flock that follows, or
Are you one that shall lead the way?
Are you one of the timid souls that quail
At the jeers of a doubting crew,
Or dare you, whether you win or fail,
Strike out for a goal that's new?
-Edgar Guest

xoxo,

1 comment:

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...