Thursday

Oh, death.

This past Saturday afternoon hubs and I went to see Act of Valor. Just before we went into the theater I called home to see how the 3 boys were doing. (girlie was at Nana/Papaw's) Our oldest assured me everything was going well and that they would be fine as we were out for another couple of hours to see a movie. Our oldest asked what movie we would be seeing and as I said Act of Valor he laughed out loud while he said, "You're going to see that, Mom??" "Yes, do you think I shouldn't?" I ask. To which hubs yells, "If you talk your mom out of seeing this movie with me you won't get paid for babysitting today!!" Our oldest laughs again and adds, "it's just such a guy movie... but yeah, mom, I think you should see it." We went and I was completely moved. It is an intense movie. It is full of meaning and a must see- The following is the quote read at the end of the movie:
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view,
and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.
When it comes your time to die,
be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death,
so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time
to live their lives over again in a different way.
Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."
~Tecumseh

***
On Sunday afternoon I received news that my dear friend
lost her 7 1/2 month old nephew as he died unexpectedly in his sleep.
Grieving over this loss has been hard the past few days.
In my flesh I wish this never happened.
But as I cried out to God on behalf of this loss
He quickly answered me
turning my eyes toward Him with Isaiah 26:1-6 running through my mind.
I went to The Message Bible and focused on this portion:
"People with their minds set on you God,
you keep completely whole, Steady on their feet,
because they keep at it and don't quit."
***
May God protect us all going through times of sorrow so that we may continue to look to Him
 to be all that He created us to be-

xoxo,


3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at the exchange between you, your hubs, and your oldest :) Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie. That makes my heart heavy for your friend and her family, but that is so TRUE about where our focus should be and how much He heals and comforts that pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....so that we may continue to look to Him to be all He created us to be. amen! so sorry to hear about your friends nephew. <3

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...