Monday

Diligent. (oh, the laundry!)

Right outside my bedroom window, last Thursday-
The path of lazy people is overgrown with briers; 
the diligent walk down a smooth road. Proverbs 15:19 MSG
***
I'd like to say I'm always diligent when it comes to laundry.
But the truth is, I'm not.
In my 'perfect' system it gets done every day and especially 
done (loose term) before the school week starts on Monday.
Some how this past week though 
I overlooked getting any of the laundry done for our middle son.
By Tuesday eve I noticed he didn't have any pants clean.
I started a load just before bed time.
That night I fell sound asleep with the 4 year old big mister
and practically slept walked at some point in the middle of the night 
to my bed forgetting about the load of laundry-
The next morning at 6:20 a.m. our son comes upstairs looking for pants to wear.
"I forgot." I had to tell him.
His clothes were put in the dryer and he went on in to school a little late-
Sigh.
***
Second to the kitchen I spend the most time in my
bedroom. With our laundry room being right off of the Master 
I usually bring the laundry into the bedroom to fold;
about 3 times a day.
Two nights ago though I decided to try something different.
I brought a fresh load out of the dryer and piled it into a laundry bucket.
I plopped down on the floor in front of the t.v. as our 3 youngest were watching a show.
I started to fold and about 2 seconds later there
was girlie down on the floor with me folding.
Hmmm.
***
Our oldest started to do his own laundry last weekend!
***
-constant in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent in doing anything: diligent

Diligent.

xoxo,

Hershey's Moma
{amy}


2 comments:

  1. diligence is one of those wonderfully difficult words, hey? you may be onto something with the laundry in front of the tv thing ;) happy monday sweet bloggy friend. if i could send you a pic of the piled up laundry waiting to be folded on my bed right now, i would.....just to show you how completely understood you are!!
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diligent...I love it! Rondell and I usually have a folding party while watching a show. We need to have one tonight as a matter of fact. We have been there with no pants or underwear. One day is was no sock for Caleb and he had to wear non-matching socks :)

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...