Sunday

We doubted.

(no break on the x-ray!!)
The yard is ready for winter.
Leaves raked, last fertilizer down, front porch hosed down and water turned off.
I can't bring myself to pull the last of the flowers
(or even the last of the weeds).

All this was done this morning by my guys as I stood in the kitchen pouring buttermilk over chicken,
creaming together ingredients for a double layer pumpkin cheesecake,
and whisking a pot of no coffee pumpkin latte.

... my husband took a break from the yard work and came walking down the hall saying,
 "all the guys are starting to get hungry," 
then he stops in his tracks in the kitchen, looks at me and says,
"I really doubted you would be walking by today."

I doubted I would be walking by Saturday.
(mind you today it's more of a side leg drag then a true walk but I'll take that over crutches!!)

4 year old big mister is going to be walking from now on;

thank you thank you for your prayers!!

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma
Just-so-you-know-
somebody needs to pull the trash can up from the road

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it is not broken! I think all that you do will become very apparent when others have to do them for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that it isn't broken!!! Praying that each day you are able to use it more normally. That latte recipe looks yummy!! Made sure to add it to my recipe box on allrecipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it's not broken and that you were able to make your chicken...I'm sure it was delicious!!! What a relief to have your yard done for the year :) I hope you're taking it easy today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're doing better and you didn't break a bone. I love that your little one held on tight and didn't look. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...