Sunday

Beautiful.

Sweet little girl came out of bed last night with her pillow to lay and look at 
"it's the most beautiful tree I've ever seen." 
Soon after that proclamation came her sweet singing as she lay looking up at it. 

Earlier in the evening when our oldest walked down the hall just coming
 home from a night out with his Daddy on a hunting trip he showed me his grin
 as he said, "I like the tree." 

About an hour before that the 3 youngest and I all gathered on the floor in front of the tree
to play a game of Sorry. A few rounds after we started everyone had gotten out of the 'start' except our 4 year old. He started to cry. It was a sad sad cry with his head bent low and tears dripping on his shirt.
We kept playing the game at a brisk pace and I was just hoping he would get a 1 or 2 soon. 
Once he did we all let out the biggest beautiful heartfelt cheer for him-

And finally, late last night as our middle son was reciting the [true] words
 I taught him when he was 2 in Sunday School
but he has long forgotten them and now he learns them again in 4th grade-
[and I pray he holds tight]

"Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you
all day long."

Beautiful.

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma

2 comments:

  1. beautiful indeed. i love the words of God that will never return void--they are in your son's heart forever, my friend...
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. His Word hidden in a little ones heart...beautiful. The picture and moment you managed to capture...beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...