Monday

A happy spot. Complete. {week 38}

There are two ways of being happy: 
We must either diminish our wants or augment our means - either may do -
 the result is the same and it is for each man to decide for himself and 
to do that which happens to be easier.
-Benjamin Franklin 

 Oh some weeks you just have to add a little happy to your space. 
And by mid week last week that's just what I knew had to be done. 
We love candy/baked goods. I love color. I shopped the house for this little space in the kitchen
and in no time I had a little happy spot.
(desk from husband's office, stool from basement,
candy jars from kitchen counter with the last candy jar being filled
with cookies but gone by this morning!)
 Then come Saturday night who knew when I was making our little happy spot  earlier in the week we would also be having a sweet Saturday evening dinner as a family with a 'special' friend over...
 I made lasagna, garlic bread and a salad with apple/grape juice or unsweet tea to drink. Little miss helped make name tags for each space just in case there might be any sort of confusion as to where each person would sit-
 She did this just before we called everyone to the table on paper from the recycle box and crayons. :)
 She only misspelled one name.
And I served scrumptious pumpkin cinnamon rolls for dessert. 
(that I bought Saturday morning from a craft fair!)

Happy Monday!!

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma
Just-so-you-know-
I've been missing nightly family dinners terribly as we are in the middle of football season.
And my kitchen sink is broken and leaking on one side. 
A few hours before I started cooking dinner I almost chickened out.
I called my husband in a panic,
"I can't do this with a broken sink. It's just to much, let's go out to dinner..."
He assured me we could do whatever I needed. 
I'm glad we stayed home. 

3 comments:

  1. What time is dinner...hee, hee! Those jars are great and our cookie jar would be empty too. I love your table set up and the name tags are just adorable...that girl of yours has such a genuine heart. Oh and those cinnamon rolls...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you share those convos between you and the hubs.....you're so real, friend! ;) love it. looks like a beautiful table was set and those pumpkin rolls look amazing....I just may have to google "pumpkin cinnamon rolls" and make some!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...