Thursday

Unexpected

knew the day would come, I just didn't know it would be today-
I'm just about to make a turn onto our street early this dreary morning when my cell phone rings with the screen alerting me it's a call from home. Hello? Mom, when can I get my ears pierced?
Do you want to do what I did? I ask.
No, I don't.
(we've had this conversation before she knows exactly what I mean!)
It's just some of the girls in my class have their ears pierced and I want them-
Well, I'll have to think it over. Are you sure you don't want to stop sucking your thumb first?
No, mom, I don't. I just want them pierced.

Unexpected. 
I thought it would be motivation enough for her to stop sucking her thumb
 to do something as grown up as getting her ears pierced-
Just like I did at her age.

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma

3 comments:

  1. I love getting a peek at conversations between your and your daughter ;) love her sweet sweater!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bottom line..she wants the ears pierced and the thumb! I sucked my fingers and it was such a hard thing to break. She's just too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! Eowyn sucks her two fingers. I didn't know you gave up thumb sucking for ear piercing. I try to bribe Eowyn with painting her nails if she gives it up...but not a win yet.

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...