Thursday

*Seek peace and pursue it.

The Cat in the Hat just came on PBS kids in my bedroom. We can hear the theme song from the kitchen. That means breakfast time is very close to being over finished or not.
Didn't your mother ever teach you not to play with your food??
See, I use to think it was so-oo much easier to just put the kids in front of the t.v. with their food on the floor in my room. It's taken some effort but now the kids [mostly] keep their food in the kitchen. It's more peaceful that way. Food isn't everywhere to be cleaned up.
They'll be back to the kitchen when the show is over saying they are hungry-
Oh. When I was saying our breakfast prayer I prayed over our day; ...time for paperwork, a 5 mile run (getting close to the mini date!) and time for a stop at the grocery.... and a thank you for our food. Our daughter looks up after the prayer and says, "whoa, that's a lot to do today! You should have prayed not to forget to pick us up [from the bus]."
Never.


Kisses,

Hershey's Moma
*Psalm 34:14b

2 comments:

  1. Your sweet girl's statement made me laugh out loud...I love it! I'm big on eating at the table too...except for on movie nights :) Now I want a fried egg with toast because I love eggs...love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i hope you didn't forget (you know, cause you forgot to pray that you wouldn't and all!) ;) too cute.
    <3

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...