Monday

Motivation. Complete. {week 34}

The all women's mini marathon is this Saturday. It's taper week!! 
Two of my motivation pictures I keep on my cell phone:
Because for the record I was knee deep in mothering 24/7 with many many sleepless nights.
 Running was a far away dream of mine at that time... and as I told myself then one day I'll laugh at my dreams... now is that time...
my 3 youngest 3 years ago now
big mister had just turned 1
little miss had just turned 3
middle son was 6
oldest was 11 and stayed home that day alone, for the first time ever
(although he really wasn't alone alone as Nana is just 4 doors down 
and we were at the creek just a phone call away)


Setting goals and achieving them always comes with a sacrifice.
And it's the sacrifice that mostly gets overlooked as you're goal setting.

With the all women's mini coming up this Saturday,
I just completed the most miles I've ever ran at one time last week as I prepared-
I did modify it a bit some weeks to better fit my schedule and/or energy level.
(adding or subtracting a mile or so here or there)

my 3 littles our last day at the pool this season while our oldest was at football practice
-you can do anything you set your mind to do, you just can't let fear get in the way-

And I only got through week 7. (I did my own schedule of running for about 4 weeks prior to that.)
I'll tell you what, I was so close to giving up at week 5.
Giving up because of the sacrifice that this has required.
I'm so thankful I didn't. I'm thankful for setting the goal, having the support of my family and working to achieve this-
Thankful also for my friend, Danielle and the commitment that we made to do this.

One little step at a time.

It's taper week!!

pinterest


Kisses,

Hershey's Moma
{amy}





I also like this link for future training: runners world half marathon training here 


3 comments:

  1. yay! so proud of you and that you're making your goals happen. love those precious pics :) Joshua 1:9 ! super verse to meditate on during your run
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited for you. You have worked so hard for this and it is going to be an amazing experience. I can't wait to hear all about it. Wish I could be there to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Fun!! I considered a mini triathlon for women this year... =) the running part isn't easy for my body... my joints/bad back don't do running... maybe if I have the courage to walk that part one day... =) anyway... it will be a wonderful experience!! Blessings~ sweet sweet pic of your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...