Monday

Back to school. Complete. {week 32}

The children were tucked into bed by 9:15 last night. Still a tiny bit late for a school night with the alarms set to go off at 5:50 a.m. However, with the nerves, excitement and such I didn't think it was all that late. I set off for the kitchen to boil half a dozen eggs for breakfast and finish the dinner time clean up. It was our oldest that was back out of bed first to remind me to place a spirit wear order before the next due date so he can have his spirit wear sooner than later. (dress code states he can wear jeans on school spirit days if he has a spirit wear shirt on with them) (is that really true, I might need a refresher on the dress code)
middle sons packed bags full of back to school supplies-
he says it is the heaviest bag he has ever had(!)
 Back to bed he went and then about an hour after that as I'm sitting in the great room blog reading it was our middle son that appeared. He was sleep walking and I sent him back to bed and off to bed I went as well. As I'm fully asleep our middle son wakes me at my bed side. His alarm was already going off. Oops. I head down to his room to check it out. A malfunction? Nope. It really was a broken button and couldn't be turned off unless I unplugged the whole thing. My arm was just inches to short to reach the plug behind his heavy bookcase. He tried and couldn't reach.  I was able to slightly scoot the bookcase out and unplug the alarm before it woke our littlest mister sleeping close by. Thankfully, yesterday as I was washing the master bedroom floor I noticed an alarm clock on the floor behind my night stand. I didn't move it then but made a mental note to get it later. (for the goodwill bag) I went to my bedroom and took that slightly dusty clock down to our middle ones room blowing off the dust as I walked. As I passed the clock on the kitchen stove on the way I squinted as my eyes made out the digital red neon numbers reading 12:13 a.m.
Signing his bus contract this morning; it says he will obey the bus driver, sit in his seat nicely only talking to his neighbor and keeping all of his body parts to himself. I think he will do fine.

 Of course the morning came quick. We all were up and ready on time. I woke 2 minutes before my alarm was set to go off to the sound of our middle son making his breakfast; a toasted bagel with cream cheese. (he clanks the knife real loud in the sink as he drops it in to be rinsed off later) Our oldest eats in the car on the way. (a habit I started with him 14 years ago now as I worked full time outside of the home from the time he was 12 weeks old until he was 2 and 1/2 and always feeding him in the car on the way)
Signing his bus contract, it says the same thing as our middle sons with the exception of High Schoolers are allowed to use electronics on the bus with only one ear bud in at all times-
I pull away from the bus stop with a lump in my throat. No tears come and I think they are going to have a great year! I come home from the bus stop to a quiet house as the littlest 2 sleep for another hour. I start a load of laundry and fold a load. I really need to do the 4 mile run today I skipped yesterday but I have to wait until the exterminator comes and leaves before I can get that in. 

This back to school wasn't as hard as I thought it might be.
I really believe we were ready for the change from Home School to Traditional Private Schooling.

Wednesday is our daughters first day.
To say she is excited is an understatement
Her bags are packed and her outfit is picked. 
I get to meet her Teacher and all the other mom's (or dad's) tomorrow morning.
I haven't picked my back to school outfit yet. I better do that right after I get my run in. 

Complete.
Have a good Monday!

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma
edited to add: I've picked up our middle one from school. (it was a 1/2 day) Upon entering the car our daughter was the first one to speak... "was it boring, really boring?" Our middle son looks at me and says, "yeah, [my sister] isn't going to survive that!" (in reference to the bus ride!)

Oh.

And I've yet to do the run. I might skip another day. The hours go completely faster when it is a half day.
I'm tired too.





2 comments:

  1. no tears.....so proud of you! ;) sounds like you are off to a good start for the morning--good thing b/c it sounds like your night was an adventure!! never thought of having hard boiled eggs all set for breakfast (I could use some more easy and fast bfast ideas!!)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was a successful first day, without tears. I hope the rest of the week goes well.

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...