Sunday

Reproof

Our daughter's painting drying in the sun this week.
She later gave it to her neighbor friend who came visiting her Grandma.
It was one of my favorites and I'm thankful I have a picture of it-



Okay, we went to the evening service last night.
It was one of those sermons... you know the one that the pastor prepared especially for you and only you to hear! 
(well and for my husband to hear as well!)

As I woke this morning it was on my mind. Here is the verse I looked up to comfort me-

Proverbs 10:17
People who accept discipline are on the pathway to life, but those who ignore correction will go astray.

Because really, who likes to stand corrected? To be corrected is painful. (especially if you let pride get in the way, or think of a million and one reasons to justify just what it is that you're doing) 

But it is true. We needed to hear it. WE need to accept it and not ignore-
And my husband and I talked about the sermon in hushed tones in the car on the way home-
 (you know just in case the pastor could hear us) 

Reproof.

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma 

2 comments:

  1. First, I had to laugh at you and your hubby talking in hushed tones. Second...WOW! That verse is the answer to something I'm struggling with right now...the right answer. That I need to get it together and listen to what should be said and not what I want to be said. Let me go write that one down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture...pass along my compliments to the artist. I love that verse and will definitely make a note of it as well. I have a love/hate relationship with sermons like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...