Thursday

Manners

(Being polite goes a long way.)
As an older gentleman passed us on the sidewalk at Hilton Head last week it was our 4 year old big mister that stated loudly, "he's an old man!" Of course he didn't mean any harm by that however, since then I've been reviewing with the children what it means to have good manners. Included in that is things you say or don't say in public. :)
[big misters baby blanket]

Yesterday we went to the pool for the last swim team practice of the summer. In celebrating a last I let the 2 middle kids stay for a little over an hour after the practice to swim. That was [I'm pretty sure] a first for me to only watch 2 kids at the pool at once. Easy. It was later last night as I was tucking our daughter in that she says, "Mom. I saw [an old man] at the pool swimming today. He swam for a really long time. He was all wrinkled. Mom, is that how old people turn old and wrinkly? You know, from all the years of swimming for a long time." Makes perfect sense. I'm glad she waited to ask me once we were home.

For review. Rule #7: Do not comment on other people's physical characteristics unless, of course, it's to compliment them, which is always welcome.  [ 24 others found here]

Manners.

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma

2 comments:

  1. I embarrassed my mother when I was little in public once and she will never let me forget it. How wonderful that you took the opportunity to give them grace and teach them. I love how your sweet girl them came to you with her thoughts...in private. She's a smart cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love learning manners on Hilton Head! Hope y'all had a great trip!

    -Bailey with Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...