Monday

Fear


As I was beginning to be overcome with fear (and didn't even realize it) the Word of the Lord came to my mind.
I sought the Lord and he delivered me. I questioned the Lord, what are you delivering me from?
My mind started sorting through all of the ways He has delivered me until I was able to come to my Bible and look up Psalm 34:4 just were those words I sought the Lord and he delivered me came from.
I looked it up in the King James version first. As a girl and into my 20's that is the version of scripture I memorized-
That's when I saw the fear part.
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 

Fears.

I was fearing. Again. 
Fear by definition is an uneasiness caused by the feeling that danger, trouble, or pain may be near.
Fear is the opposite of faith.
Faith is believing without question what God says about Himself and about what He will do.

The truths about God.
God is always with me. (Psalm 23:4)
He is our deliver. (2 Timothy 4:18)
He is just. (1 John 1:9)

Holding firmly to the word of life. (Philippians 2:16)

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma

(Complete post tomorrow!)

3 comments:

  1. My favorite parts of the Bible are times when God defines Himself and what He has done and will do. I take comfort in that, but need to be reminded more that I'd like. Thank you for sharing His Word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! great encouragement for the rest of my day :) can't wait for the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember telling my son who feared to "Slay that Monster Fear" (needs to be said dramatically - LOL) or it would grow bigger and biGGER and BIGGER! Our culture thrives on "worry" which is another word for fear - and when I started TRUSTING God, my fears became smaller and smaller - because if I truly believe, I let go of the fear and grab hold of God's promises! I love this post! Sometimes I need to be nudged and reminded! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...