Wednesday

Suffering and Peace-


Going through times of pain, discomfort, hurt, or loss is my Bible's definition of suffering.





As I spoke to a friend on the phone yesterday, I learned of her suffering as she lost her father this January to cancer just after one month of being diagnosed.
She is going through a time of hurt.
She just put her house on the market yesterday and is preparing her family to move closer to home to be with her mom. 

"My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees."
I read in Psalm 119 verse 71.
As I was on the phone with her I had another friend trying to call me who was also going through a time of suffering. Her suffering was of a different sort.

She was going through a time of sadness so strong that she couldn't put words to it at first.
My legs turned to jello as I read her text. I felt her hurt and pain.

As we looked at
John 21:16
this week at BSF we learned:
Jesus says, if you "love me" you will "take care of my sheep."

Part of taking care of His sheep is being there for them and with them when they are suffering.
Sometimes just being there for a friend and letting them know you are there for them is all you need to do. Sometimes He calls you to do more than that. Following His leading is all you need to do as He brings suffering into your life-whether it be through a friend or directly into your personal life.

 
Go immediatly to His Word. Pray. 
Psalm 120:1
"I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer."



Then rest in the assurance that His peace will guard your heart.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma

No comments:

Post a Comment

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...