Friday

It Is Work-

When my brother was married a few months ago now, I loved and appreciated 
the way his son was brought into the ceremony in a purposeful way.
The pastor had him agree to honor and obey his parents. He agreed. 
Then the pastor had his parents agree to raise him a home that is Christ centered.                                                                                                   We know this is work. It is a daily task, a high calling.

                    I know. My mom reminded me a couple of weeks 
ago of the agreement my nephew made at the wedding. 
She told me my brother and sister-in-law are encouraging him to live up to that agreement. 
When he hesitates they say, "what is your job?" "To honor and obey my parents," he will respond.

So I have been reminding my children of their job. It is work for me to continue to lead them 
in the right direction and it is work for them to have the self control to follow but it is our job. 
We are all in this together.

Sometimes it is easier than other times. Sometimes, we loose our patience. 
Sometimes, we talk in a harsh tone. Sometimes we don't practice what we preach.
I'm so thankful for the times when they "get" it. This morning as I was bathing our daughter 
I told her she couldn't do the spray nozzle. Because it consistently gets 'out of control' 
when in the wrong hands the spray nozzle is only for Me to do.
 She responded, "oh, because that's your job Moma?"
 "Yes, and what is your job?" I asked. "To obey."

Now, that I've gotten that out of the way for today, maybe I should talk fashion next.
Any ideas??

Kisses,

Hershey's Moma
P.S. It's 10:28. Time to pray for our oldest taking a math test right now because I told him I would.

As I was praying for our oldest, God kept reminding me to "guard your heart." "Guard my heart from what, Lord?" I wasn't sure what this was in regards to so I didn't let it go. I went to Philippians 4:6,7,and 8. I was reassured as I read this. I can't wait to share it with our oldest. "We aren't to be anxious" and "we are to make our requests to God." "Then the peace of God , which transcends all understanding, will GUARD YOUR HEART(s) in Christ." So [I] we are to guard are hearts from being anxious. I can't wait to see what he gets on his math test. Even if it isn't the grade he is hoping and praying for we can have the peace that God is near and hears our requests and as we make those requests he will guard our heart from our anxiousness. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! You do such an amazing job and are such an inspiration. I appreciate learning from you!
    Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy thank you so much for the reminder. The good news/bad news...it never ends. You will always have your job and they theirs. I still struggle and try to be a good role model.

    PS I love her sense of style and originality. No need for advice! LOL

    PS2 The newly made family is remarkable. Not only did they take vows, but all of us there did as well. We all have a job!

    Love Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is work and I pray on a very regular basis that I would recognize it for the important, life changing work that it is. Thank you Holy Spirit for giving us the ability to do this work to the glory of God! Thanks for sharing! BTW, love the little girl fashion statements. :) They bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...