Friday

Oh Praise Him!


As I left about 5 minutes late this morning to take our oldest to the bus stop I almost pulled out in front of a car as I was leaving our neighborhood. Thankfully, the only accident that occurred was my son spilling half of his Special K onto his lap. We turned around and decided to go in late for school and slow down our morning a bit.

We started out for school again about an hour later. I took my time and we had a good drive. After I dropped our oldest off the 3 younger children started to get restless. I decided they needed a change in seat positions for the ride to progress in a better way. I pulled over into a church parking lot. Just as I unloaded our littlest one in his car seat and set him down in the parking lot the church bells began to play. What an instant mood changer that was! We were blessed to hear "All Creatures of Our God and King" playing. Thankfully, due to BSF hymn time, I knew most of the words and could sing them to my children.
So as I was rearranging car seat in the parking lot we heard:

All creatures of our God and King, lift up your voice and with us sing
Alleluia, Alleluia!
Thou burning sun with golden beam, Thou silver moon with softer gleam,
O praise Him, O praise Him.
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!

When we got home, I got out my old Leader's Hymnal, looked up the song and sang it again to the children. I especially like verses 5 and 7:

And all ye men of tender heart, forgiving others, take your part, O sing ye, Alleluia!
Ye who long pain and sorrow bear, Praise God and on Him cast your care;
O praise Him, O praise Him,
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!

Let all things their Creator bless, And worship Him in humbleness;
O praise Him, Alleluia!
Praise, praise the Father, praise the Son, and praise the Spirit, three in One;
O praise Him, O praise Him,
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!




No comments:

Post a Comment

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...